Emergency Shelter Locations
There are no shelters open at this time.
|Facility information and directions via google maps are provided below.
There are no open shelters in Maui County as of 10:00 am on Wednesday, August 30th, 2016
Interactive Shelter Maps
Click on the colored indicators for the status of each shelter.
Green is open.
Red is closed.
Other Important Considerations
The public is urged to adhere to all posted rules and guidelines.
- Bring an emergency kit with you to the shelter, including: food, any non-perishable special dietary needs, prescription medications, water, pillows and bedding, flashlights, extra clothing and eyeglasses, personal hygiene items, activities for children, and other items you may need.
- When you arrive, check in with shelter management staff.
- Special health needs individuals should be accompanied by a caregiver. Shelter personnel will not be able to adequately attend to these patients.
- Pet owners should try to accommodate pets with friends or at boarding locations if their own home is unsafe for their pet.
- Pets will be allowed at designated shelters in pet carriers only.
- Pets may remain in a vehicle at non-pet shelters; vehicle windows should be left slightly open for ventilation. If a pet is displaced, call the Maui Humane Society at 877-3680 for assistance after storm conditions subside.