Board of Ethics
Initiates, receives, hears and investigates complaints of violations of the County Ethics Code by employees and officers of the County. Initiates impeachment proceedings against elected officials and officers appointed to elective office who have been found in violation of the Code of Ethics of the County.
Renders advisory opinions on potential conflicts of interest for officers and employees. Prescribes forms for disclosure and examines disclosure statements filed. Comments on or advises corrective action on any matters which may indicate a conflict of interest. Members of the Board of Ethics are prohibited from taking an active part in political management or in political campaigns.
Agendas and Minutes
View most recent Agenda/Minutes | View all Agendas & Minutes.
- Norman Franco (Kahului) 3/31/2017
- Randol Leach (Kihei) 3/31/2017
- Herman Nascimento (Makawao) 3/31/2018
- Abel Kahoohanohano, Jr. (Makawao) 3/31/2018
- Noreen "Dee Dee" Yabuta (Wailuku) 3/31/2019
- Matthew Macario (Wailuku) 3/31/2020
- Sara Gadarian (Lahaina) 3/31/2020
- Rachel Phillips (Kula) 3/31/2021
- David Courson (Kihei) 3/31/2021
- Rules of the Maui County Board of Ethics
- Formal Complaint Form
- Financial Disclosure Statement Form
- Lobbyist Registration Form
- List of Registered Lobbyists
Supporting Department: Department of Corporation Counsel
Phone: (808) 270-7742
Secondary Contact, Office of the Mayor: (808) 270-7855