The Police Commission prepares and submits to the Mayor a request for an annual appropriation for the operation of the department, appoints the Police Chief, receives, reviews, and investigates charges brought forth by the public against the conduct of the department or any of its members, and submits a written report of its findings and recommendations to the Chief of Police for disposition.
Agendas and Minutes
View available agendas and minutes for the Police Commission meetings.
- Kevin Tanaka - Chair 3/31/2018
- Howard Hanzawa - Vice Chair 3/31/2018
- Nora Kawasaki 3/31/2019
- Lawrence Feinberg 3/31/2020
- Gwen Ohashi Hiraga 3/31/2020
- May Fujiwara 3/31/2021
- Eugene Santiago 3/31/2021
- Randol Leach 3/31/2022
- Maxwell "Max" Tsai 3/31/2022
- Maui Police Commission Information Brochure
- Police Commission Rules, Title MC-13, Subtitle 01, Chapter 101
- Maui Police Commission Complaint Form
- In accordance with the Police Commission's Administrative Rules, complaints that are 1) not filed within sixty calendar days of the occurrence of the event which is the basis of the complaint; or 2) the complainant has given notice of the complainant's intention to seek remedies through a civil suit may not be processed or referred for investigation.
Police Commission Secretary
Phone: (808) 244-6440
Secondary Contact, Office of the Mayor: (808) 270-7855