For Immediate Release: March 24, 2013
Press Release by: Councilmember Mike White, Chair Budget and Finance Committee (www.mauicounty.gov/committees/BF)
Budget and Finance Committee to hold district meetings to receive input on the Fiscal Year 2014 Budget
WAILUKU, HAWAII -- In the month of April, the Budget and Finance Committee will meet throughout Maui County to receive public input on the Mayor’s proposed Fiscal Year 2014 Budget, Committee Chair Mike White announced today.
White said the Committee will focus its attention on receiving testimony on the Budget that Mayor Alan Arakawa is scheduled to submit to the Council on March 25, 2013. White noted that the Council will have until June 10, 2013, to pass its version of the Budget, or the Mayor’s proposed Budget will take effect on July 1, 2013. White encouraged the public to provide input on what they think should be included in the Budget.
“Receiving public input is an important part of the Budget process,” said White. “Through this process, the Council is able to craft a Budget that is in the best interests of Maui County residents.”
The meetings are scheduled to begin at 6 p.m., except for the Wailuku-Waihee-Waikapu-Kahului district meeting, which is scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m. All meetings are open to the public.
District meetings are scheduled as follows:
• Monday, April 1, 2013, Kihei Community Center, Main Hall, 303 East Lipoa Street, Kihei, Maui - South Maui District
• Wednesday, April 3, 2013, Mayor Hannibal Tavares Community Center, Social Hall, 91 Pukalani Street, Pukalani, Maui - Upcountry District (Pukalani-Kula-Ulupalakua)
• Thursday, April 4, 2013, Paia Community Center, Social Hall, 252 Hana Highway, Paia, Maui - Makawao-Haiku-Paia District
• Monday, April 8, 2013, Helene Social Hall, 174 Keawa Place (Hana Bay), Hana, Maui - East Maui District (Hana-Keanae-Kailua)
• Wednesday, April 10, 2013, Lahaina Civic Center, Social Hall, 1840 Honoapiilani Highway, Lahaina, Maui West Maui District
• Friday, April 12, 2013, Lanai Senior Center, 309 7th Street, Lanai City, Lanai Lanai District
• Monday, April 15, 2013, Mitchell Pauole Center, Main Hall, 90 Ainoa Street, Kaunakakai, Molokai - Molokai District • Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 6:30 p.m., Lihikai Elementary School, Dining Room, 335 South Papa Avenue, Kahului, Maui - Wailuku-Waihee-Waikapu and Kahului Districts
Meeting agendas will be available on the Budget and Finance Committee website. To receive meeting agendas via e-mail, please complete the on-line subscription form on the County website atwww.mauicounty.gov. For more information, please contact Committee Chair White’s office or the Budget and Finance Committee staff.