Flood Development Permit
How To Apply:
- Regulates construction in areas subject to flood hazards.
- For the protection of life and property.
- For the reduction of public costs for flood control, rescue and relief efforts.
- To promote the safety, health, convenience and general welfare of the community.
- Imposes restrictions upon man-made changed to improved and unimproved real estate within flood hazard areas.
- Qualifies the County of Maui for participation in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
- Required to qualify for federal financial assistance for acquisition and construction purposes.
- Required for the making, securing, extension, and renewal if loans secured by improved real estate by lending institutions regulated by the federal government.
Flood Development Permits are completed by a licensed professional engineer or architect, and submitted to the Department of Planning
Flood Development Permits are reviewed and approved by the Department of Planning, Zoning Administration and Enforcement Division
Flood Development Permits are reviewed and approved within 30-90 days.
Duration of Approval:
Flood Development Permits are approved for the described work and have no expiration date, unless the FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps
have been revised.
See Table B - Fee Schedule
Related Applications and Forms:
Department of Planning
Zoning Administration and Enforcement Division
2200 Main Street
One Main Plaza Bldg., Ste. 315
Wailuku, HI 96793
Ph: (808) 270-7253
Fax: (808) 270-7634