Class 4 Instructional Permit
To apply for a class 4 instruction permit, the applicant must present original or certified copies from our Hawaii Acceptable Documents Checklist
to prove the following:
- Proof of Legal Name
- If your current name is different from the name shown on any document
(examples: due to marriage, divorce, adoption, name change,
naturalization certificate), you are required to provide "connecting documents" to establish the link between the names.
- Provide proof of Legal Presence
- Provide proof of Principal Residence
- Be of 21 Years of Age or Older
- Possess a Valid Class 3 Hawaii Driver’s License
- Pass the required vision test
- Submit a Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Submit a clearance letter from the Traffic Violations Bureau if the applicant has any outstanding citations. The Traffic Violations Bureau is located at 2145 Main Street in Wailuku. Telephone: (808)-244-2800
- Payment of the appropriate fee. Refer to the 2014 Maui County Fee Chart.