Candidate Self Service - Online Recruitment
The Candidate Self Service (CSS)
system is designed to allow you to view current job openings for the County and apply for them online. Using the CS
S system is simple, and consists of five main tasks:
What do I need in order to use CSS?
- Create your candidate profile (new users only)
- Review available job postings
- Apply for any postings that interest you
- Take any required assessments
- Keep your profile current and accurate
To use the CSS system, you should use a computer and browser that meet the following requirements:
How long will it take?
- A current-generation browser with a screen resolution of 1024x768 or higher. Firefox 3.6+ or Internet Explorer 8.0+ are recommended. Other browsers and/or screen resolutions may work, but the functionality or display may not be optimal.
- Your browser must allow popups from the CSS site.
- Your browser must accept cookies from the CSS site.
- For security reasons the operating system and the web browser should be relatively current, and updated with the latest security patches.
- Any PC that can run IE 8 or other industry standard compatible browser can be used to access CSS, but higher CPU speed and higher network bandwidth will give a quicker response time and a more enjoyable experience.
This will vary greatly. If you are a returning user, and know which job you want to apply for, it can take as little as a minute or two. If you are a first-time user, and need to create your profile, you should allow up to 30 – 60 minutes, depending on the amount of information to be entered, your network speed, your typing speed, etc.
What if I have questions or trouble accessing the system?
You may contact the Department of Personnel Services at (808) 270-7850. Office hours are 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. HST, Monday through Friday (except holidays).