Affordable Sales Price Guidelines
Prepared by the County of Maui Department of Housing and Human Concerns, Housing Division, Affordable Sales Price Guidelines are published annually based on the following factors:
- Median family income as established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Number of years for a fixed-rate mortgage loan with no discount points
- Percentage of gross monthly income for housing expenses (principle and interest payment only)
- Percentage of the purchase price for down payment.
The following are used in calculations:
- HUD's median family income for the County of Maui
- Census Bureau's median family income per location