The local Maui Workforce Investment Board (WIB) is:
- A broad-based private sector driven organization.
- Provides oversight of WIA programs.
- Establish policies that will enable WIA programs to serve client needs.
- Comprised of both private and public sector members appointed by the Mayor.
- At least 51% of the WIB membership must be from the private sector.
- The Board Chair and Vice Chair must also be from the private sector.
- Meets quarterly
- 2011 Meeting Schedule: January 18, April 19, July 19, October 18.
On the State level, the Economic Development Coordinator represents the Mayor on the Workforce Development Council (WDC), the Statewide workforce investment board.