Early Childhood Center
200 South High Street
251 Napua St.
Ph: (808) 270-5557
Fax: (808) 270-5556
The Maui County Early Childhood program offers the following services:
- Maui County Child Care Subsidy
- Information about other child care services and financial assistance
- County Early Childhood Resource Center (Free Lending Library)
- Pre-kindergarten transition programs
- Early childhood family education programs
- Good Beginnings at Makawao School
- Promoting Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library
- Workshops and resources about early childhood topics for parents/caregivers of young children
- Supporting child care programs working towards licensing, accreditation
- Resource for early childhood education “best practices”
- Assistance in the development of new center-based and family childcare programs Coordinating within early childhood care and education system.
The County Early Childhood Center’s mission is to guide and support the development and implementation of a coordinated system of early childhood services for young children, ages birth to eight years old, in Maui County.
The System follows the Maui County Early Childhood Strategic Plan, which seeks to improve and enhance the availability, affordability, and quality of early care and education services through the promotion of shared goals, partnerships and resources.
The Early Childhood Resource Coordinator works in close partnership with the Good Beginnings Community Council and the Good Beginnings Maui County Team.