Mike White is a sixth-generation kama'aina, born and raised in Hawai'i. He spent his career in the travel industry and has been the General Manager of the Ka‘anapali Beach Hotel for the past 27 years.
Mike represented the seventh district in the State House of Representatives from 1993 to 1998. In 2010, he won a two-year term on the Maui County Council, serving the residents of Makawao, Ha‘iku and Pa‘ia and was re-elected in 2012.
He serves as the Chair of the Council’s Budget and Finance Committee, which deals with all matters relating to County revenues and expenditures. He has five grown children, and lives in Olinda with his wife Whitney.
|Council Member's Staff
- Troy Hashimoto, Executive Assistant
- Spencer Lau, Executive Assistant
- Stacy Takahashi, Executive Assistant
- Economic Development, Energy, Agriculture, & Recreation Committee
- Infrastructure & Environmental Management Committee
- Land Use Committee
- Planning Committee
- Policy & Intergovernmental Affairs Committee
National Association of Counties:
Kalana O Maui Building
200 South High St.
Wailuku, Hawaii 96793
Ph : (808) 270-5507
Fax: (808) 270-5508
Makawao, Haiku, Paia
Councilmember White's BLOG
- August 19, 2014: Opening Remarks: Reflecting on this past week
- July 16, 2014: Press Release: Committee to visit proposed relocation sites for county service center
- June 23, 2014: Statement on Mayor's line-item veto, Council approves override
- June 20, 2014: Councilmember White congratulates the Seabury Hall Girls Track & Field Team
- June 18, 2014: Press Release: Committee passes homeowner tax credit bill
- June 7, 2014: Press Release: Council Passes $603.6 million budget for FY 2015
- May 5, 2014: Press Release: Budget and Finance Committee completes review of FY 2015 budget
- May 3, 2014: Press Release: Budget and Finance Committee approves $604 million FY 2015 budget
- April 28, 2014: Press Release: White proposes taxpayer relief and economic growth in FY 2015
- April 22, 2014: Opening Remarks: Happy Earth Day!
- April 21, 2014: Press Release: Final budget reviews of departments, unfunded liabilities
- April 21, 2014: Chair's 3 Minutes: Proposed expansion will require increased taxes
- April 18, 2014: Press Release: Committee to receive real property tax valuations for FY 2015
- View all posts