For Your Safety & The Safety of Others
- One medium-sized suitcase, duffle bag, or
carry-on bag allowed, no larger than 22”H x 14”W x 9”L and must fit and
be placed under the passenger’s seat or on the passenger’s lap so that
it does not protrude to another seat.
- All buses are equipped with a bicycle
rack that can hold a maximum of two (2) bicycles. Only two-wheeled,
non-motorized bicycles are permitted. Both tires must sit flat to the
base of the rack. Bicycles with an oversized basket or other type of
carrier that obstructs the view of the driver is not permitted.
- Grocery bags a passenger can carry in their arms and be placed on their lap or under the seat are allowed.
- Golf clubs or detachable fishing poles properly covered or in a container with no sharp edges are limited to three per person.
- Soft body boards without skegs and beach mats free of sand and debris are allowed. Surfboards and sandboards are not allowed.
- Pets must be in an enclosed container or cage. Service animals are allowed on the bus.
- Metal-framed child carriers,
collapsible baby strollers, band instruments, skateboards, and small
coolers are limited to one per person.
- Please wait on the proper side of the roadway for the bus to arrive at the bus stop sign.
- Please wait for the bus to make a complete stop before approaching the bus.
- Please enter the bus with the exact fare.
- Please allow senior citizens the use of front seating.
- Please be alert at all times for sudden or quick stops.
- When standing, please move to the rear of the bus and always hold on to standee handbars or seatbars.
- Please do not change seats after the bus starts moving and fasten your seatbelts.
- Please do not litter. Shirt and footwear are required. Food, beverages, smoking, and loud music are prohibited.
- Infants under two (2) years old, traveling free must ride on the lap of an accompanying adult.
- Please no eating of drinking on the bus.
- Anyone who believes that he or she has
been discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, age,
religion, national origin, disability, low income, or limited English
proficiency while using the Maui Bus or its paratransit services may
file a Title VI complaint with MDOT.
- Please be at the bus stop at least 5 minutes prior to departure time.