No person under eighteen years of age shall be employed in any section of a licensed premises where liquor is sold, stored, served, consumed or readily accessible or available unless the minor has registered with the Department of Liquor Control and obtained approval from the director.
The minor must:
- Obtain a Department of Liquor Control Registration of Minor form from their employer approving them to be employed.
- Register in person with the Department of Liquor Control.
- Schedule an interview with an investigator and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the interview.
Items Needed for Registration
The following items are required for registration:
- Completed minor registration form
- Government issued photo identification (unexpired and undamaged)
- Fee of $10
Appointments may be scheduled by calling:
Wailuku - (808) 243-7753
Lahaina - (808) 661-9581
Download a Registration of Minor for Employment Form