Classification for Tax Rate Purposes
In accordance with Sections 3.48.565
of the Maui County Code, the real property tax rates per one thousand dollars of net taxable assessed valuation for each class of real property is set as follows:
- Property is classified based upon its highest and best use.
- Properties receiving homeowner exemptions, condominiums, permitted bed and breakfasts and permitted transient vacation rentals are exceptions.
- Properties which have been granted a homeowner exemption are classified as Homeowner.
- Condominiums are classified upon consideration of their actual use (Apartment, Commercial, Hotel / Resort, Timeshare, Homeowner).
- Properties which have been granted a bed and breakfast permit, a transient vacation rental permit, or a conditional permit to operate a transient vacation rental are classified as Commercialized Residential.