Class A, B, C Permits
Hawaii Commercial Driver Licenses (CDL’s) are processed at our Kahului Service Center
, Molokai Satellite Office
or our Lanai Satellite Office
. To apply for an A, B or C Instruction Permit, the applicant must present original or certified copies from our Hawaii Acceptable Documents Checklist
to prove the following:
- Proof of Legal Name
- If your current name is different from the name shown on any document
(examples: due to marriage, divorce, adoption, name change,
naturalization certificate), you are required to provide "connecting documents" to establish the link between the names.
- Provide proof of Legal Presence
- Provide proof of Principal Residence
- Complete a Commercial Driver’s License application that is available at any of our Motor Vehicle & Licensing Offices
- Be 21 Years of Age or Older
- Possess a Valid Class 3 Hawaii Driver’s License
- Submit a completed Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Pass required knowledge tests, please refer to the Hawaii Driver License Manual.
- Pass the required vision test
- Submit one 2" inch by 3" inch color photo (front facial only)
- Submit a clearance letter from the Traffic Violations Bureau if the applicant has any outstanding citations. The Traffic Violations Bureau is located at 2145 Main Street in Wailuku. Telephone: (808)-244-2800
- Submit proof of Hawaii Residency
- Payment of the appropriate fees. Refer to the 2014 Maui County Fee Chart.